SERVING NORTHERN OHIO AND BEYOND
Event Technician - Seasonal
Event Technicians are responsible for operating Audio, video, lighting, and audiovisual equipment at events and shows. This hands-on detail-oriented position is key in delivering production services to our clients. GLAV will assess candidates' abilities and pair positions to suit their skills. A positive attitude, good communications, and interpersonal skills are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in event planning and design.
- Implement Director of Events/Client’s vision.
- Delivery of equipment, mostly local but with occasional overnight trips when necessary.
- Setting up and testing the equipment (load-in, run, strike).
- Have professional appearance during events.
- Resolve any technical problems on site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All employees interact with clients, excellent customer service skills and professional appearance and demeanor are a must.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs
- Proven trustworthiness and ability to work independently
- Weekend and evening availability (Events can be late at night)
- Okay with working anywhere from 10 to 60 hours per month (depending on availability)
- Be tech savvy and able to quickly learn how to use new software
- Must have a cell phone